This pewter seder plate contains an image of two lions flanking the heraldic shield, which lies under a royal crown. This is a common motif found in German Judaica, although Judaica from other countries—especially Austria—occasionally contains this imagery as well. The plate is in pewter, and pewter seder plates were created almost exclusively in Germany; small towns in southern Germany produced pewter. Many similar plates from Germany are from the mid or late 18th century. On the bottom of the plate is marked “S.E.”—probably the initials of the marker—and “1776”—suggesting that this object was created in 1776.